I attended a preview event for Emerald Street yesterday evening, a very intriguing new media launch planned for mid-April. Emerald Street will be a professionally published daily email (Mon-Fri), designed and written for aspirational professional women. It is the new product launch from Shortlist Media Group, the creators of the hugely successful Stylist and Shortlist.
You can sign-up for the email here at http://www.emeraldstreet.com.
The following are five things you need to know about this exciting new launch:
• It aims to be a daily highlight in the inbox with highly topical content, right down, for example, to where to pop out and buy a new lipstick for a discount that day
• Emerald Street is a sister brand to Stylist, not a spin-off, it will have its own editorial content and it is most definitely NOT a newsletter
• It is targeting 100,000 subscribers by Summer and is aiming to challenge the idea of email being disposable by being something that is professionally published, engaging and valued
• Timing of delivery is key and the team behind it are considering the optimum timing for the email to arrive in an inbox, describing this moment as the ‘Kit-Kat Break’
• To give a steer on where this sits in a competitive set, it’s a British version of Daily Candy, a competitor email might be from Asos or even a note from a best friend
The idea of a high quality premium email arriving daily tailored to your interests sounds very attractive and it looks highly likely that there will be a male version of Emerald Street coming our way soon.
One to track and to wish the very best of success as a new media launch in 2011. Finally, thanks to the Gorkana PR team for organising this sneak preview!